Wednesday, April 20, 2011

lawl




i don't know why but i am very fond of this face.

Some people asked me why I changed the original concept of the comic Hetalia, there were a few problems with the series in turning it to a videogame.

When you get deeper into history, you'll find that there are many different perspective. For example, %40 of the populace were Patriot/Rebels, %20 were loyalists, %40 didn't give a shit and just wanted to live. Who is to say that the embodiment of "America" should be a Patriot? That's why the characters are not personifications in this game. I hope people will understand that. Haha, I guess I'll put up a ton of disclaimers.

I think the idea of personifying countries into a character is really fun, but it just didn't work for something like The Long Goodbye. To do that effectively, you'd have to have ... three Alfreds. Not to mention the characters representing what was New Sweden, New Netherlands, etc. It was too much of a pain to do that, therefore it was easier to make them as their own separate person/being exploring this vast landscape filled with diverse cultures, politics and problems.


No comments:

Post a Comment